the moment, the Celcure Group comprises three companies. These are
Celcure (M) Sdn. Bhd., Celcure Chemicals
(M) Sdn. Bhd. and Kemcom Sdn. Bhd.
The Group started its operations
in this country in 1959, when it imported timber presevatives from
the United Kingdom and marketed them in this country.
On 5th October, 1971, Celcure (M) Sdn Bhd was formed, with Rentokil
Group plc (which is now known as Rentokil Initial plc) of United
Kingdom as the holding Company.
The business was encouraging. This
led to the establishment of Celcure Chemicals (M) Sdn. Bhd.
two years later on 10th July, 1973, to manufacture and market wood
preservatives locally. In 1978, Celcure Chemicals took in Bank Pembangunan
Malaysia Berhad, now known as Bank Pembangunan
dan Infrastructur Malaysia Berhad as one of its
is Celcure Group's complex of office,
laboratiry and manufacturing plant in the
Kepong Industrial Area, Kuala Lumpur.
In 1982, the Group acquired Kemcom
Sdn. Bhd. This was a logical move, because the latter was
also dealing in pesticides.
The Group soon enlarged its operations and diversified further in
1984 to cover fire safety products, and in 1991, to venture into
the adhesive business.
2004, the group was accquired by Anglo Powerhouse Sdn Bhd.